You receive this e-mail because your are currently listed as a Club official at one of the clubs using StepBridge.
StepBridge UK currently operates four tournaments per week (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday), attracting 15-35 tables. Over the past year or so, these have been facilitated by three Welsh Directors. However with the gradual return to FtoF bridge it is becoming increasingly difficult for these individuals to fully commit to running online events. We would request that if anyone is interested in helping to facilitate these tournaments, probably on a rota basis, contact Tony Haworth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The role is not so much a ‘Director’, but more of a ‘Facilitator’, in that there is no pre-requirement for any ‘Director’ knowledge – an experienced club player could easily facilitate these tournaments.
The role primarily involves:
- Starting the tournament (it will have already been pre-planned). Occasionally ‘lone-players’ may need to be matched together.
- Possible score adjustments due to players not alerting or giving insufficient explanation of their bids (this probably occurs about once per four sessions).
- Possible score adjustment of computer assigned 60%/40% situations (due to hands being ‘timed-out’), in which the faster pair would improve their score if play had continued. There is an excellent ‘hand-play’ tool available to assist the facilitator in assessing the situation (this is required about three/four times per session).
- Broadcasting any relevant information to all or specific players.
- Possibly contacting players who ‘lose connection’. The facilitator has access to telephone contact details (where provided), to assist in assessing the situation.
- Monitoring the general progress of the event (and assessing whether it is appropriate to allow extra time for some rounds).
Training will be given by either Tony/Derek/StepBridge. This will involve one Zoom session, starting with observing what happens, and progressing to a stage whereby towards the end of the event the trainee will be given full control of the tournament. After this, Directors can normally run a tournament by themselves (help will always be available by phone).
We would request that if anyone is interested in helping to facilitate these tournaments, probably on a rota basis, contact Tony Haworth (email@example.com).
General questions about StepBridge please to firstname.lastname@example.org
##SUBJECT=StepBridge TDs needed##