Attention of All Club Contacts
It would appear that some StepBridge players have not received the email notification re. Purchasing of Participation Points (these are mainly those whose provider is btinternet – it appears that a setting prevents them receiving mass emails). Could you therefore ensure where possible that all your members are aware of what is required – original email below:
HOW TO PURCHASE and PAY for PARTICIPATION POINTS
As from March 28th (note the date change) StepBridgeInt are devolving StepBridgeUK to operate under the Welsh Bridge Union, who will pay an annual licence fee to StepBridgeInt. It will operate as a separate entity, with its own constitution. All who play on StepBridgeUK will be expected to contribute to the finances of the operation, by way of a ‘table-money’ charge per event played (as is the case with all other online platforms, as well as FtoF bridge).
Casual, Teaching, and Youth events will still continue to be free.
Payments will go to StepBridgeUK, mandatory costs will be paid, and any surplus will be used for the benefit of StepBridgeUK and its members.
Method Of Payment
Players will need to purchase ‘Participation Points’:
- 100 PPs will cost £5
- 200 PPs will cost £10, but an additional 10PPs will be credited
- 400 PPs will cost £20, but an additional 25PPs will be credited
- 1000 PPs will cost £50 but an additional 100PPs will be credited
These rates will be reviewed annually, and may be subject to inflationary increases.
How To Order Participation Points.
- Players can pre-order PPs via their Portal https://portal.stepbridge.co.uk/, and logging-in (User Name and Password). Having accessed the Portal, use the ‘->Participationpoints’ facility to order your points.
- When registering for a tournament (UK or Club), players have an opportunity to order points via ‘Info’->’Part. Points’ – and clicking on the ‘Cart’ symbol.
When ordering your PPs, you will be given an email receipt (and display), which will show the bank details, and also a 12-digit Reference Number. You will then need to pay for the order via a bank transfer, or cheque payment via your local branch (if this is not practical, please contact email@example.com). By whatever means you pay, you must quote the appropriate Reference Number.
(Periodically StepBridge will reconcile ‘ordered’ and ‘paid-for points’)
StepBridge UK Tournaments (currently four per week)
- These will be charged at 20 participation points.
- Clubs registered with StepBridgeUK will be able to set their table-monies in any multiple of participation points. Players will use the appropriate number of participation points, to play in their Club events. Clubs will have these refunded to them less a 50p per player per event retention (so Clubs will need to charge a minimum of 10 participation points per player-play).
All players currently registered to play on StepBridgeUK will continue to be registered. All StepBridgeUK members will automatically become Associate Members of the Welsh Bridge Union.
Participation is not restricted to UK residents.
May I take this opportunity of thanking you for your participation in StepBridgeUK events, and hope that you continue to enjoy your online bridge at StepBridgeUK Tournaments and StepBridgeUK Clubs.
Tony Haworth – StepBridgeUK Operations Manager.
##SUBJECT=PAYMENT FOR PARTICIPATION POINTS##